Welcome to my backyard!
The ramblings of an ex-suburbanite gone rural.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Holiday Cuddle Project

Every year we try to spread some holiday joy to the children and families that we work with. With generous donations from the Marine Corps Toys for Kids program and donations from our supervisory union employees we are able assist many needy families in creating a holiday that their children will happily remember. Last year we were able to provide gifts for many of the children in our program as well as younger and older siblings.

This year I am working on "cuddle quilts" for our little ones. My 7 -year- old is assisting with the quilt making and has even chosen a particular child that she wishes to create for. I have also posted on the about.com quilting forum asking for donations. Well, wouldn't you know, within just a few hours I had my first offer of a quilt to donate. I am so excited to be doing this because I know what joy it will bring to these children.
I hope to soon have photos of some of the quilts I am working on and maybe even photos of the quilts that are being sent to me for these wonderful children!

No comments: